24 de mar. de 2012

Cold

 



Para celebrar o inicio de uma das minhas partes favoritas do ano, o Outono, vou compartilhar com vocês um poema que me encantou desde a primeira vez que li.

Amo esse poema.

"It felt so cold, the snowball which wept in my hands,
and when I rolled it along in the snow, it grew
till I could sit on it, looking back at the house,
where it was cold when I woke in my room, the windows
blind with ice, my breath undressing itself on the air.
Cold, too, embracing the torso of snow which I lifted up
in my arms to build a snowman, my toes, burning, cold
in my winter boots; my mother’s voice calling me in
from the cold. And her hands were cold from peeling
then dipping potatoes into a bowl, stopping to cup
her daughter’s face, a kiss for both cold cheeks, my cold nose.
But nothing so cold as the February night I opened the door
in the Chapel of Rest where my mother lay, neither young, nor old,
where my lips, returning her kiss to her brow, knew the meaning of cold."

Carol Ann-Duffy.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário